SPRING FIELD TRIPSFarm field trips introduce students to the importance of agriculture in our world. At Southern Belle Farm, we make this learning experience fun for students and teachers - in a 330-acre outdoor classroom, with farm equipment, crops, animals and more!
Spring farm field trips are hosted by reservation only, April through May, on weekdays Tuesday-Friday.
Students, chaperones and visitors $8 each. Teachers and aides are free with school ID. A minimum of 20 reservations are required to book. We require a non-refundable deposit of $50 to confirm your reservation.
Learning is fun!
When students arrive at the farm for a Spring field trip, they will be divided into tour groups by class. Each group will rotate between these farm learning activities:
- Learning about strawberries
- Visiting the Strawberry Patch to pick a container of strawberries for eating or to take home!
- If students are visiting BEFORE strawberries are ripe, a seeding demonstration will teach visitors how plants grow from a seed using the air, light, soil, and water. They will plant a seed in a container to take home and watch the progress!
- Watching a honeybees exhibit on pollination and learning their importance in growing crops
- Milking demonstration in the dairy barn
- Taking a hayride tour of the farm
- Visiting Belle’s Barn to meet our farm animals
- Self-directed composting/worm activity
Have a picnic on the farm!
Field trip groups are welcome to bring a sack lunch to enjoy at picnic tables under our covered pavilions. Handwashing stations and restroom facilities are available.
More for Teachers
Visit our Teacher Resources section for lesson plans, coloring sheets, and farm-related activity sheets. We have provided lessons on corn, dairy farming, pumpkins, strawberries, honeybees, composting and other agricultural topics — all according to Georgia’s established performance standards.
Just a reminder…
We are a working farm. Visitors who may have allergies to any farm products or plants/insects that might be on the farm will be visiting under their own recognizance. Southern Belle Farm shall not be held liable. Please ensure that those who may be affected use care or not participate. View our Farm Frequently Asked Questions for more information.