SUMMER ON THE FARM
As spring rolls into a beautiful Georgia summer, Southern Belle Farm’s fields are in full production with berries, fresh vegetables … and hundreds of peach trees! Come for the produce, but stay and play at the farm, too!
SUMMER ON THE FARM
As spring rolls into a beautiful Georgia summer, Southern Belle Farm’s fields are in full production with berries, fresh vegetables, and hundreds of peach trees!
Join us this Summer Season
In the summer at Southern Belle Farm we have Blackberries, Blueberries, and Peaches. If you want to create a memory you will not forget, come out to the farm during our summer season.
Restroom facilities are available at the farm market. We also offer pre-picked berries and peaches for sale in the Country Market during our peak seasons.
In the peach orchard, we have ten different varieties of peaches that start ripening in early June and continue through most of the summer. We provide containers to pick your peaches in.
U-pick Peaches: TBA for 2021
Pre-picked Peaches: TBA for 2021
Come out and enjoy picking several different varieties of blueberries with your family in the beautiful 2-acre patch.
U-pick Blueberries: TBA for 2021
Pre-picked Blueberries: TBA for 2021
We have several varieties of thornless blackberries in the summer that are easy to pick straight from the patch.
U-pick Blackberries: TBA for 2021
Pre-picked Blackberries: TBA for 2021
How U-Pick Works
- Before You Come Out
- Before you head out, please call or check the top banner of our website for updates on which fruit we are picking. U-pick availability does vary from day to day depending on crops and if the weather permits.
- Only service animals are allowed on the farm.
- Don’t forget your sunscreen and bug repellent.
- What You Need To Know
- Parking is FREE!! Park over by our farm market and head over to the small shed to the right of our farm market for all things u-pick. Our friendly staff will be waiting to assist you.
- Select which items you would like to pick and the container you would like to purchase. (List options and prices if available)
- Once you’ve selected your fruit and grabbed your container, you are ready to head out to the patch. Our friendly staff will direct you to your desired location.
- After you have picked your fruit, be sure to stop by our market for homemade ice cream, cobblers, and our very own jams, jellies, and preserves.
Don’t forget to share the love–tag us on your trips to the farm!
Tips for U-Pick
Blackberries and strawberries do not ripen once they are picked. You’ll want to look for plump, full, firm blackberries. For strawberries, you want to look for the strawberries that are red all over.
A ripe blackberry will pull free from the plant with only a slight tug.
DON’T wash the berries until you are ready to use them or freeze them. Washing makes them more prone to spoiling. Be careful with your berries. They are fragile and need to be kept in the refrigerator.
To freeze your berries rinse them carefully in a collindor. Place the berries on paper towels and drain well.
- For strawberries, remove the stems and cut any large berries in half.
- For peaches, remove pits and cut into sixths.
Place each berry individually on a cookie sheet, and place the pan in the freezer.
Freeze until hardened or overnight, they can be placed in freezer bags or plastic containers labeled with the date.
Thawed berries can still be very nice in sauces, smoothies, and in baking.
Be sure to check back for muscadine season in late August – early September.
Fresh-air fun and farm animals, in addition to the berry-picking fun! Belle’s Barn is home to chickens, donkeys, cows and calves, goats, horses and more!